Jason left for Cambodia today. It is awesome that God’s going to teach him and use him in great ways, but I am really going to miss him. It’s going to be a long, but hopefully not dreary, time without him with me. My primary love language is quality time, so I like spending (you guessed it) quality time as a way for me to express and receive love. Because of this, I know there are some of you that are concerned about me while J is gone, so I will attempt to fill you in some of my day’s highlights.
- Got to spend time with a client family who received their referral of their baby, which was awesome! I think this was part of the reason why I didn’t get to go to Cambodia, so I can share this experience with this particular family. It was a special time for this family, as well as for myself.
- The rest of the work day was typical. Dealt with traffic, stopped by Target to buy some presents for upcoming weekend events
- Some of the youth group kids came over to hang out, and they bought me some beautiful yellow flowers and a card. So sweet! Thanks 3 husbands and 1 wife!
- Played Settlers of Catan, and I won! (happily settlers after, indeed!) Then watched ‘The Fast and The Furious’
- Oscar bit me rather hard today because he was bored and wanted to play, and he finally broke skin on my big toe 🙁 It didn’t bleed but stung when I showered.
- The students left and then walked Oscar
- Looked everywhere for the Roomba remote control to halt tomorrow’s vacuum schedule — since I didn’t want Oscar to freak out while I was out and for the puppy training pads to get caught in the vacuum — but couldn’t find the remote. So I had to tilt the vacuum on its side to keep it from running (oh the things you do for your baby..)
All in all, I had a pretty full day which was filled with various pleasantries.. but so much for going to bed early.
Ok, going to sleep now. Please pray for our missions team, as they’re still in flight. Thanks for reading and good night!